James Saunders, Livestock Manager for Nutrien Ag Solutions Mackay, said, “The market saw very strong competition from buyers in the south to the western areas along with good local support. This meant stronger prices for all grades of weaners sold compared to other sales around the district.”
The sale sold 790 head, including 600 weaner steers, 155 weaner heifers, 20 cows, 10 cows and calves, and five mickies.
The weaners were all pre-treated with Dectomax V, vaccinated with Bovi-Shield & treated with Rhino Guard, which was sponsored by our major sponsor, Zoetis & Leon Buchannan.
The competition was judged by Mr Peter Day from Goovigen, Central QLD, with the following results:
- Champion Steers winner - Wotonga Grazing Company, “Bacchus Downs” Nebo with an outstanding pen of Blonde De Aquitaine Cross steers that topped the sale at $1850.
- Best Pen of Flatback Steers winner - MacGibbon Holdings, “Lillianvale”, Nebo with Brangus Steers, made $1650.
- Best Pen of Brahman Steers winner: Rebetzke Family, Racesea PTY LTD, Alligator Creek with Grey Brahman Steers making $1620.
- Champion Pen of Heifers winner: Tom & Penny Plath, Alligator Creek, with a Pen of Brangus Heifers that made $1550.
- Best Pen of Flatback Heifers winner: Erbacher & Easdale from Proserpine Sold Light Charbray Heifers, which made $1360
- Best Pen of Brahman Heifers winner: P & S Smallcombe, Habana sold Grey Brahman Heifers to top out at $1730.
Thank you to the sponsors Zoetis, FMC Graslan, Nutrien Livestock Mackay, Gallagher and Rabobank